Purpose of the Search Online Bibliographic Save File window
Search the online bibliographic save file for:
- Specific save file records
- All saved records
- All records with a specific status
- Locked WorldCat records
- Records your library submitted to other libraries for review
Records submitted to your library for review (all or those submitted by a library you specify)
Access the Search Online Bibliographic Save File window
- Navigate Cataloging > Search > Online Save File, or click , or press <Ctrl><F3>.
- If you are logged on to OCLC Connexion, the Search Online Bibliographic Save File window opens immediately.
- If you are not already logged on, the Logon OCLC Connexion window opens. As soon as you complete the logon and close the Welcome window, the Search Online Bibliographic Save File window opens automatically.
- Enter search term(s) and select an index for each. Combine multiple terms by selecting a Boolean operator.
- (Optional) Limit search results by workflow, action, or source status.
- (Optional) Limit results to WorldCat records you locked or to records submitted to your library for review.
- (Optional) Limit results to records submitted to you for review or to those submitted to you by one or more libraries by specified OCLC institution symbol(s).
- Click OK to send the search.
See more about how to search the online bibliographic save file.
Search Online Bibliographic Save File window: Features and buttons
|Feature||How to use|
|Search for ... in
text fields and index lists
|Tips for search terms:
|AND/OR/NOT lists||If combining searches in different indexes, or combining searches with statuses, combining only statuses, click a Boolean operator to indicate how you want to combine the searches:
|with ... status index lists and statuses list||Limit the search by workflow, action, or source status:
|WorldCat Record Locked check box||Retrieves all review records submitted to you.
|Review File check boxes||Select one of the following check boxes to retrieve Review File records only:
|Retain Search check box||Select or deselect the option to keep the most recent search in the Search for box(es) between logon sessions.
If you retain the last search, the client keeps search terms, indexes, and Boolean operators.
A check mark indicates that the option is selected.
|Button name||Click the button to...|
|Enter Diacritics||Open the Enter Diacritics and Special Characters window to enter a diacritic or character in a search term.|
|Clear Search||Clear search term. The client keeps the last indexes you used.|
|OK||Send the search (or press <Enter>).|
|Cancel||Cancel the search and close the window.|