Find out how to access and use the General tab on the Options window in Connexion client.
Purpose of the General Options window
- Open the Session Timer Options window to set the following options:
- Set the number of minutes of inactivity before the client automatically logs you off the system (5 to 39 min.)
- Display or hide the timeout warning
- Set the timing of the warning message (1 to 9 min) (the message allows you to re-set the timer)
- Open the Action Options window to set the following options:
- Disable Update and Produce commands (Action menu) for records your library holds
- Warn before doing online actions immediately
- Open the Startup Options window to select an action to run automatically when you start the client or change to a different user profile.
- Run a macro
- Open one or two windows to start an action such as Logon + Search WorldCat
- Run a macro
- Open the Offline Cataloging Options window to set the following options:
- Classification scheme
- Holding library code
- Institution symbol
- MARC organization code (for NACO-affiliated libraries only)
- Open the Validation Level Options window to select None, Basic, or Full validation for the following actions:
- Set Holdings (includes Update Holdings, Produce and Update Holdings, and Alternate Produce and Update commands on the Action menu)
- Export bibliographic records
- Export authority records
Access the General Options window
- Navigate to Tools > Options > General.
- Enter option settings for the automatic session timeout, offline cataloging, taking actions on records, level for validating records, and an automatic startup function, as described in the table below.
- Click OK or Apply.
See more about how to set general options.
General Options window: Features and buttons
|Feature||How to use|
|Session Timer Options||Open the Session Timer Options window to customize the way the automatic session timer and logoff work.
Default: The client automatically logs you off after 39 minutes of inactivity with the OCLC system and displays a warning message 5 min. before logoff.
|Action Options||Open the Action Options window to select options for taking actions.
Default: Options are cleared.
|Startup Options||Open the Startup Options window to select a client action or a macro to run automatically when you start the client or switch to another user profile.
|Offline Cataloging Options||Open the Offline Cataloging Options window to enter the classification scheme, holding library code, OCLC institution symbol, and (for NACO-affiliated libraries) MARC Organization Code to use when you work offline.
Note: When you are logged on, the client uses the cataloging profile associated with your logon authorization to determine this information.
|Validation Level Options||Open the Validation Level Options window to select the level of validation to perform when you:
Default: None (no validation is done for these actions)
|Button name||Click the button to...|
|OK||Apply the settings you entered (or press <Enter>) and close the Options window.|
|Cancel||Cancel any changes you made since the last time you saved any changes to options and close the Options window.|
|Apply||Apply the settings you entered without closing the Options window. You can continue checking or changing other option settings.|