Discover how to connect to a local system host and retrieve a record in Connexion client.
- Navigate to Tools > Z39.50 > Connect or press <Alt><T><Z><C>.
- If you did not enter a user name or password in Tools > Options > Z39.50, the client prompts you to enter them:
- In the Local System Password window, enter a user name and, if required by your local system, a password.
- Click OK to connect and open the Search Local System window, or click Cancel to cancel connecting.
- In the Search Local System window, in the Record ID Number field, enter the search term/number for the use attribute you defined for retrieving local records.
Click the arrow at the right of the field to display a list of up to ten terms you entered previously, and click to select one.
- If the search is successful, the client imports and displays the record as a workform in MARC format.
- If the search fails, the client gives you a message. To try the search again, click Tools > Z39.50 > Search.
- Click Find to send the search, Cancel to cancel the search and keep the Z39.50 connection open, or Cancel and Disconnect to cancel the search and terminate the Z39.50 session.
- (Optional) To retrieve another local record:
- Pin the displayed record open (View > Pinned or <Shift><F4>) if you want to keep it open. If you do not, the next retrieved record replaces the first and you must do the search again to get the first record back.
- Click Tools > Z39.50 > Search or press <Alt><T><Z><S>, and enter another search term or number.
- When finished importing local records (one at a time), click Tools > Options > Z39.50 > Disconnect or press <Alt><T><O><D>.