Discover an overview of batch searching in Connexion client.
- The client uses your default authority local save file to store search keys you enter until you run the batch.
- You can change the default local file from the same dialog where you enter the search keys if needed.
- You can import search keys from a text file (*.txt) that contains each search key on a separate line.
- After you run the batch, the search results are downloaded to the same local file.
- In addition to entering LC authority file search keys, you can download records from the authority online save file.
Set up for batch searching
Navigate to Tools > Options > Batch tab to check or change the following options for batch searching:
- Maximum number of search results to download (default: 1 record; maximum: 100 records)
- Retain batch search keys for searches that:
- Found no matches
- Found too many matches
- Produced an error
Note: By default, all settings are cleared.