Discover how to batch export authority records in Connexion client.
Select an option for batch processing
Records export immediately whether you are logged on or offline. To mark records in a local file for batch export, you must first select an option:
- Navigate to Tools > Options or press <Alt><T><O>.
- Click the Batch tab.
- In the Record Actions area under Perform local actions in batch, select the Authority Record Export check box.
- Click OK or press <Enter>. The client keeps your setting each time you open the program unless you change it.
- (Optional) If you want to switch to exporting immediately rather than in batch, clear the settings in Tools > Options > Batch tab.
Mark records for batch processing
Once the option is set, to mark records for batch export:
- Display an authority record from the local save file that you want to export.
Select records in a local authority save file list.
- To select adjacent records, click to highlight the first entry, and then press and hold <Shift> and click the last entry.
- To select nonadjacent entries, click to highlight the first entry, and then press <Ctrl> and click to highlight each additional entry.
- Click Action > Export, click the Export button (), or press <F5>.
- The record(s) are marked for export in batch mode.
- The export status in the record's status bar or in the Export column of the bibliographic local file list changes to R (Ready).
Note: You can remove a record from the batch before processing, if needed. See Take actions on authority records for more details.
- When ready, run batch processing.