Note: You must create at least one export destination in order to export records.
You can export records from Connexion client to:
- A file on your workstation (use the same file for all exports or specify a file name when exporting)
- A communications or print (LPT) port
- A communications connection (asynchronous or TCP/IP)
- An OCLC Gateway connection to a local system
To create a destination:
- Navigate to Tools > Options or press <Alt><T><O>.
- Click the Export tab.
- In the New Export Destination window, select one of the following export destination types, and then click OK.
- LPT Port
- OCLC Gateway Export
- In the window appropriate for the destination type, select settings and options, and then click OK. See Types of export destinations and settings for more details.
- In the Export Destination Name window, the client provides a suggested name for the destination that reflects its type and settings or location. Click OK to accept the default name, or enter a new name and then click OK. The name appears in the Select an export destination list. See Export Destination Name - General rules for more information about creating your own name.
- When finished, click Close to apply the settings and close the Options window.
Click Apply to apply the settings without closing the window.
Export Destination Name - General rules
If you decide to enter a new destination name, rather than accept the suggested name, the name:
- Must be unique
- Cannot be the name None
- Does not affect the destination itself (e.g., if you change the name of an export destination, it does not change the destination itself or any of its settings)
- Is not case sensitive, but retains upper and lowercase distinctions
The new export destination name can contain up to 50 characters, including spaces.
The new export destination name cannot contain the equals sign (=).