- The label program will not print labels, and instead displays an error message reading "OCLC Cataloging Label Program has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program." Note the error message may be slightly different, this is an example.
- OCLC Cataloging Label Program
The following steps require Admin privileges and may require your IT department's assistance.
This is most likely a permissions issue which can be resolved as follows:
- Right-click the OCLC Cataloging Label Program shortcut and run it as admin. This creates any missing files.
- Once the OCLC Cataloging Label Program opens, close it.
- Right-click the OCLC Permissions software shortcut and run it as admin.
- If the top six entries in the list do not all say read-write, click the Set Full Permissions button and verify they all change to read-write.
- Click Close to exit OCLCPermissions.
- Start the OCLC Cataloging Label Program and print a test label. It should work.
Both the OCLC Cataloging Label Program and OCLC Permissions software are available from Cataloging Software Downloads.