Before you begin
To jumpstart your collection, you need a user account on the CONTENTdm Server with rights to approve items and build indexes.
An item is an image, PDF, audio, video, or other digital file.
Step 1: Add items
- Navigate to your CONTENTdm Administration URL. When prompted, enter your user name and password.
- Click the Items tab, and then click Add.
- Select My First Collection (an empty collection that you can rename later) and click Change.
- Select whether you are adding an item or a URL. Then, enter the URL or browse for the item.
- Add the metadata related to the item or URL. Required fields are designated with a red asterisk.
- Select whether you want CONTENTdm to generate a thumbnail or whether you want to upload a custom thumbnail that you have created for the item.
- Click Add. The item is added to the Approve queue.
- Repeat steps 4-7 to add additional items.
Step 2: Approve & index items
When you add items, the items are added to the Approve queue, where they must be approved and indexed before they'll display on your website.
- Navigate to your CONTENTdm Administration URL.
- Click the Item tab and then click Approve.
- The approval queue displays. Select Approve & Index All, and click Go.
- A status message displays progress and completion.
Review your Website
You can review what your collection looks like by navigating to your CONTENTdm Website URL.
- From the website Home page, click My First Collection to display the collection landing page.
- Click Browse All to view the items in your collection.