Permissions specify who can view items in a collection. You can set permissions for items and metadata or set permissions so that metadata is available to all users but permissions are required to view the item. You can set permissions based on operating system user names or IP addresses.
Setting permissions for compound objects is the same as Set item permissions.
When you assign permissions for a compound object, all pages within that compound object receive the same compound object-level permissions. You cannot set different permissions for individual pages. Item or compound object-level permissions override collection-level permissions.
Accessing Compound Object Permissions
You can access compound object permissions by opening a new tab for the object from the project spreadsheet. To open a new tab, right-click the thumbnail and select Open in New Tab. (Or select the compound object and click Open in Tab View from the left task bar.)
Access compound object permissions
With the compound object open in a tab:
- Select the compound object-level record.
- In the left task pane under Item Editing Tasks, click Permissions.
- The Administer Item Permissions dialog displays.
- To add additional user or IP restrictions, click Add. To remove existing permissions, select the user or IP address and click the corresponding Delete.
- Select whether to apply permissions to accessing the image only (metadata would still be available and not restricted by the specified permissions).
- To restore defaults, click Restore Defaults.
- Click OK to save changes and close the dialog.
Permissions are applied to the entire compound object, regardless of whether you select the compound object or one of the files within the compound object.
Note: Use semicolons to separate multiple entries. Use an asterisk (*) as a wild card to allow access to a domain (such as 132.168.*) or use a hyphen when using address ranges (such as 220.127.116.11-99).