Add multiple compound objects
If you have many compound objects to import, use one of three options within the Add Compound Objects wizard in Project Client. To create and import PDF compound objects, you do not use the Add Compound Objects wizard. For more information, see Importing PDF Files.
- Compound Object wizard: Import one item at a time to the Add list. Then, add all compound objects in the Add list at once to your project spreadsheet. Tab-delimited text files are optional.
- Directory Structure: If you have separate directories for each compound object with each directory containing a tab-delimited text file about the compound object, use the directory structure method. All compound objects must be the same type (documents, monographs, postcards, or picture cubes). Each compound object must be stored in its own directory and have its own tab-delimited text files. Some scanning vendors provide your data with this structure.
- Object List: If you have compound objects to import with one text file that lists all the compound objects, use this method. You cannot enter page-level metadata with this method.
The Add Compound Objects wizard uses an Add list to store the compound objects until they are all added to your project spreadsheet at one time. As you add compound objects, they are listed in the Add list. Compound objects queued in the Add list will remain there until they are either successfully added or manually deleted from the list. If an error occurs after you click Finish from the Add list, the Add Compound Objects wizard automatically recovers to ensure you don't lose any pages that were processed prior to the error. Correct the errors and then complete the upload process either at that time or at a future date.
After compound objects are added to the Add list, click the Map Fields tab to map fields that you are importing to the collection database fields that you are uploading to. The first record in the Add list is considered the base set. The mapping for the base set must apply to all subsequent records in the Add list.
If there are errors in a compound object, red warning or error icons are displayed in the Add list.
You can delete a compound object from the Add list by highlighting rows in the Add list and pressing the delete key. After you click Finish and the compound objects are added to your project spreadsheet, you can open them in a new tab to review them and make edits.
- Directory structure
- Learn how to import compound objects using Directory Structure.
- Object List
- Find information about establishing directories, creating tab-delimited text files, and learn how to use the Object List to add compound objects.