PDF conversion gives you an option to automatically convert multiple-page PDF files to compound objects, and how the compound object pages should be named for display.
PDF conversion settings defined in Collection Configuration apply to all import methods. Project Client users can override these settings when working with PDF files by editing project settings in the Project Client. For more information, see About projects.
Enable PDF conversion
- Open CONTENTdm Administration and select the collections tab.
- Click profile.
- In the Optional collection settings summary section of the page, find PDF Conversion and then click edit. The Edit PDF Conversion Setting page displays.
- Select Yes if you want to convert PDF files to compound objects.
- If you do not have a metadata field for the collection configured for full text searching, a reminder prompt displays. If you enable PDF conversion, you must set one metadata field to the data type Full Text Search. This field holds the PDF text extraction.
- Specify how to automatically name the pages of the compound object for display.
- If you choose the Name option, the pages of all imported PDF files converted to compound objects will be named in a sequence with the text provided (up to 255 characters), starting with the specified number. For example, "Page 1."
- If you choose the File name and a number option, the pages will be named in a sequence using the root of the original PDF file name, starting with the specified number (with a space between the name and the number). For example, Report.pdf would have page names starting with "Report 1."
- Click save changes.