Release Date: April 13, 2023
This release of WorldShare Reports and Report Designer provides a number of new features and enhancements in addition to bug fixes. These features will help you manage more complex workflows, including:
- Calculate more accurate interlibrary loan turnaround times with exact timestamp values for the ILL request created date. (Tipasa)
- Utilize interlibrary loan date data adjusted for your institution's time zone. (Tipasa)
These enhancements are the direct result of your feedback.
For this release, we recommend that you review the following checklists and complete the relevant tasks so that you can adjust your policies and workflows and train your staff. These checklists identify updates that we have determined as significant for most institutions. We encourage you to review all of the items in the release notes to determine whether other items might require additional action or follow-up by your institution.
In an effort to keep your staff informed of new features and changes, you may also want to consider these items.
The historical Interlibrary Loan universe data will be refreshed again with the April 13, 2023 install. Previous data refreshed in the standard monthly process that was completed ~April 1, 2023 will be refreshed again on April 13, 2023, for time zone logic updates. You may wish to re-run ILL reports after this release to realize the data enhancements fully.
New features and enhancements
Updated Interlibrary Loan dates
Request Created Date/Time now contains an exact timestamp
For ILL requests created on March 19, 2023 or later, the Request Created Date/Time field will now contain the specific time of the created date in your institution's local time zone. In the past, Request Created Date/Time defaulted to the midnight hour (00:00:00) UTC of the day the request was created. This enhancement will result in more accurate turnaround time fields you utilize or turnaround time variables you may create in Report Designer based on the created date/time of the request.
The following fields in the Interlibrary Loan universe utilize Request Created Date/Time in turnaround time calculations and will therefore be more accurate:
- Document Delivery Filled Turnaround Time: The number of days it took for a request to be completed via Document Delivery, i.e., created to closed.
- Open Access Filled Turnaround Time: The number of days it took for a request to be completed via open access link, i.e., created to closed.
Updated Interlibrary Loan dates adjusted for your institution's time zone
In coordination with the Tipasa release dated March 19, 2023, dates in the Interlibrary Loan universe will now be displayed in your institution's time zone instead of UTC (Universal Time Coordinated). For ILL requests created or updated before March 19, 2023, these records will continue to reflect dates in UTC date/time.
For ILL requests created on or after March 19, 2023, or specific updates of ILL dates (see below) on or after March 19, 2023, the following will display in your institution's time zone:
- Borrower Cancelled Date/Time
- Borrower Received Date/Time
- Borrower Returned Date/Time
- Lender Shipped Date/Time
- Request Closed Date/Time
- Request Created Date/Time
- Request Exhausted Date/Time
- Request Expired Date/Time
- Request Produced Date/Time
- Lender Assigned Date/Time
- Lender Unfilled Date/Time
- Request Purchase Order Date/Time
- Borrower Need Before Date
- Lender Due Date
- Request Copyright Committed Date/Time
- You can now view the correct Request Patron Pickup Location values for ILL requests (Tipasa). Previously, the Request Patron Pickup Location was populating with N/A. The historical data back to July 2022 will be updated to reflect the corrected values.