Download an exported file with SFTP
Discover how to download an exported file with SFTP in WorldShare Collection Evaluation.
In addition to downloading your files from the My Files repository, you can download them from the FTP site. When available, you will receive an alert in the WorldShare toolbar. For a comprehensive look at SFTP at OCLC, see Exchange file with OCLC.
The downloaded file will be a zipped Microsoft Excel file (xls.zip).
Retrieve files using an open-source SFTP client
You may download or manage (delete, cleanup, etc.) files using an open-source SFTP client. Filezilla is recommended, as it works consistently with multiple operating systems.
If you get a warning message that states that the file is in a different format than the extension and asks if you are sure that you want to open the file, click Yes.
- Enter the host and port for your institution.
- Enter your institution's username and password (supplied by your regional OCLC Support office).
- Select the /xfer/analytic/out/data directory.
- Click the name of the file you want to download.
- Save the file to your local workstation.
- Retrieve the downloaded file and unzip it.
- Extract the file.