Why are notifications not showing under patron's history?
- Notifications are not showing under patron's history
- WorldShare Circulation
In order for notifications to show under Patron History, the feature must be turned on.
- To confirm, go to OCLC Service Configuration > WMS Circulation > Admin/General > History > Notification History
- Ensure that the radial button next to Yes is selected
- Confirm the Retain History is set as desired by your library
If this enabled and notifications are still not showing, confirm the patron's home branch. If it is different from any of your library branches, the patron may be associated with a different institution.
To determine if this is the case, check if the item circulated has the history of the notification being sent out.
- In WorldShare > Circulation > Discovery Items > Search the item barcode
- Click on Statistics > Reminders Sent > Details
- View the most recent sent notifications associated with this item
- If the notification is there and not in patron history, the patron is associated with another institution
- If the notifications are not present, there may be a problem with your loan policies. Check the associated Loan Policy to ensure the notification settings are correct.
Please contact OCLC Support for further assistance with your OCLC Symbol and an example of a transaction where the expected notification was not sent.