When troubleshooting why a fine was or was not applied, what should I look for?
- WorldShare Circulation
A bill will change based on the amount of time between the item’s due date and when the item was returned to the library.
Here are troubleshooting steps to confirm:
- Which loan policy was applied at checkout?
- When was the item returned?
- Was the check-in backdated?
- What were the loan’s due date and time when the item was returned?
- When the item was returned, was the loan policy configured to accrue penalties while the library is closed or not?
- If so, what open hours were configured between the due date and when the item was returned?
- Remember: An item’s home branch may be configured to override institution-level open hours.
- Which overdue bill structure was linked to the loan policy?
- What are the conditions in the bill structure?
Branch Opening Hours Override Settings