- WorldShare Management Services
- WMS Circulation
- WMS Acquisitions
- WorldCat Discovery
The removal of a branch/location in WorldShare Management services requires coordination between the local library and OCLC Customer support. Once you are sure you want to remove a location, check the following :
- Take Note of your Holding Symbol, Holding Code, and Branch Registration ID of the location you want to remove (you will need to send this to OCLC with your request)
- Ensure you have no items set at this branch, in any shelving location
- Ensure there are no current Loan policies or Notification policies set up for this location
- Ensure there are no settings referencing this branch location in Service Configuration
Next, follow these steps to start the process:
- Log into Service Configuration > WorldCat Discovery & WorldCat Local > Holding Codes & Shelving Location Messages Holding Codes Translation Table.
- Select the box next to the location you wish to remove.
- Click the button at the top of the table labeled Delete Selected Rows.
- Send an email to OCLC Support asking them to now make this branch location inactive and totally removed from your WMS, giving OCLC the following information
- OCLC Symbol
- Institution Registration ID
- Institution name
- the Branch/Location name to be removed along with its Holding Symbol, Holding Code and Branch Registration ID
- OCLC Support will notify you when the location has been removed.