- WorldCat Discovery
- WMS Circulation
Only OCLC staff can create new branches to be used as new pick-up locations for holds. After you have followed & completed the steps in this guide Add New branch to WMS
Then please contact OCLC Support and send the following information to complete the process:
- Your library name & OCLC symbol
- Registration ID for this institution
- The display name you used when you created the new WorldCat Registry institution record or the Registry ID already assigned to it
- The preferred new Holding library code
- Whether or not you want this location added to your list of Hold Pickup locations
- Whether or not you want to be able to filter searches by the new location
OCLC Customer support will pass your information on to our Orders staff so they can perform the steps needed on their side and OCLC Support will get back to you when the process has been completed.
Remember to Review and update the Location Map whenever your library: Adds a new branch location Or if updates to the status of existing locations are made, such that a branch location becomes a pickup location (active or inactive) or is no longer a pickup location.
This does not apply to ILL request locations. Users can add those locations using the Service Configuration > WorldShare ILL > Patron Request Workforms.