The FEES tab shows all outstanding charges on the library user's account. Fees will show the amount and date billed as well as the reason for the charge. The reason will include the title, author, and format of the item associated with the fee.
- If the requested item has an OCLC number:
- Cover art will display. Clicking the cover art will take the user to the item details in WorldCat Discovery.
- The title is hyperlinked to the item record in WorldCat Discovery.
- Fees are sortable by the Date the library user was billed.
- Accruing overdue fees for items still on loan will only display on the Checked Out tab.
Online payment options
WMS libraries in Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States can enable online payment of library fees from My Account. WMS integrates with two payment processors, Paysafe (Canada and US) and WPM Education (UK only), to offer a safe and secure payment experience for library users.
- Online payments are reflected in the user's account in WorldShare Circulation as soon as payment is confirmed by the processor. The payment method will indicate if the payment was taken by Paysafe or WPM.
- To track overall usage and monitor succesfful payments made online, use WorldShare Reports and Report Designer.
- Use Report Designer to build reports that include the payment ID known to WMS and the payment processor to audit the service, the Event Pending Payment ID.
- The Event Pending Payment ID in Pay-Bill-Pending events in WorldShare Report Designer reports on potential online payments through Paysafe or WPM Education. See Circulation Events universe, Event Pending Payment ID for more information.
OCLC Library Services or your OCLC Library Services Consultant to learn more. OCLC staff will work with you to configure and test the online payment experience.Caution: A one-time implementation fee is required to enable online payments. Your library or institution will also need an active account with Paysafe or WPM Education. Contact
From the Fees tab in My Account:
- Library users can select one, more, or all of their library fees or fines and select the payment button to begin online payment.
- After selecting the payment button, all library users are required to consent to sending data required by the payment processor.
- Once the user consents, My Account will redirect the user to the appropriate payment form.
- The payment button will only display to patrons whose libraries have enabled online payments.
- WMS does not store, process, or transmit cardholder data. For example, WMS is not aware of the user’s card number, card expiry date, card verification value (CVV), etc.
Paysafe provides online payment services to institutions in Canada and the United States. Paysafe integration supports payments via Visa (credit or debit) and Mastercard.
The Paysafe.js service offers an integrated payment experience that simplifies PCI-DSS compliance for your library. After the user consents, the payment form opens on top of the My Account page. Sensitive payment fields (card number, CVV, and expiry date) are entered into an iframe hosted on Paysafe's servers to ensure that the user's inputs and storage of the data is handled securely by Paysafe.
Successful online payments are reflected in WorldShare Circulation as soon as payment is confirmed by Paysafe. WMS will then send an email notification to the patron to confirm the Paysafe payment. The library user can easily return to My Account after completing or abandoning a payment attempt.
WPM Education provides online payment services to institutions in the United Kingdom. Your institution’s agreement with WPM will determine which payment methods are supported.
After the patron has consented to online payment, My Account redirects the user to the payment website hosted by WPM. Sensitive payment fields (card number, CVV, and expiry date) are entered on the WPM site so that the user input and storage of the data is handled securely by WPM.
Successful online payments are reflected in WorldShare Circulation as soon as payment is confirmed by WPM. WPM Education can provide email notifications for users and library staff. The library user can easily return to My Account after completing or abandoning a payment attempt.