A note field is available for any text you want to add to an item record. You can also add a note to an item that has become overdue.
Notes on item records
In the details screens when adding or editing items, a Notes field is available for you to add text. You can also make the text display upon check in or check out.
- Using Discover Items, find an item where you want to add a note.
- On the search results screen, click the item's title.
- From the Copies screen, click Add Item in the upper-right corner or click View/Edit.
Select Staff or Public from the drop-down list. Enter a text Note about the item.
(Optional). To make a note display upon check in or check out, type an exclamation point as its first character (!), (no space).
Single item details
When you add or edit a single item.
Multipart set details
For multipart sets when you
- add a multipart set.
- add item to multipart set.
- edit multipart item.
- edit multipart set.
Serial item details
For serial items when you
- add copy.
- receive serial item.
- edit serial item.
- edit serial copy.
Notes on overdue items
Add a note to a patron's bill
When an item on loan to a patron has accrued a fine, you can add a note to the bill.
- Search for the patron record and click on the name link to show details.
- On the patron record, click the Bills tab.
- In the Account section, in the Reason column of the row of the bill, click Edit.
- In the Bill Details window, enter any notes into the Notes field.
- Click Save. The Bill Details window closes and a Details link appears in the Reason column of the bill.
To view notes on a patron's bill
- Display the Bills tab as above.
- In the Account section, in the Reason column click Details. The Payment History window displays the note.