To access this screen, sign in Service Configuration, open the WMS Circulation left navigation, select Integrations, and then select the POS Printer Preferences link.
Use this screen to download the POS (point of sale) printer application and set your port number.
- Installing the POS printer application will improve the compatibility and reliability of printing of receipt printers.
- You must have the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) and JavaPOS ADK installed on your computer where the POS printer is installed.
- You must repeat this process for every computer that has a receipt printer attached.
- For more information on how to setup a POS printer, see Set up your POS printer for use with Circulation.
Step 1: Sign into OCLC Service Configuration
Step 2: Download the POS printer application
- If you are using this page for the first time, the Server port field will be blank. Enter 7557 to use the default server port.
- To accept the default server port, click Save.
- You will receive an error message if the default port is being used by a different application.
- If the port is already in use, enter a port number between 1024 and 65535.
- To download the application, click Click Here to Download the POS Printer application.
- Once the application has been downloaded, locate the file on your computer and run the application. This process could take several minutes. Follow any on-screen installation steps.
- Log in to WorldShare. POSPrinter should appear as a printer option (it may take up to 5 minutes for the application to become active). See General POS printer application usage for more details.
General POS printer application usage
- If you use Google Chrome or Internet Explorer, you need to manually activate the POS Printer Application prior to accessing WorldShare Circulation.
- You can manually activate the application by opening Start > All Programs > WMS POS Printer Server Application > WMS POS Printer Server Application.
- The POS Printer Application may take up to 5 minutes to become fully active. Once active, POSPrinter will be visible in the Receipt Option list in WorldShare Circulation.
- If the POSPrinter printer option does not display after 5 minutes, without closing your browser, try logging out and back in to WorldShare.