To access this screen, sign in Service Configuration, open the WMS Circulation left navigation, select Holds and Schedules , and then select the Hold Limit Policy link.
Use this screen to limit the number of items patrons can place on hold.
- Patrons exceed their hold limits when they try to place more holds than the number listed in the policy.
- For example, if a patron has a hold count limit of 1, the policy will take effect when they try to place a second hold.
- When patrons exceed the limits set in the policy:
- Patrons are unable to place holds in WorldCat Discovery
- The system displays an alert message when staff place a hold for the patron. Depending on their account type, staff will need to override or acknowledge the message. See Circulation Account roles, Overrides for more information.
Create or edit hold limit policies
- On the Hold Limit Policy screen, click Create New, or click the Policy Name you want to edit.
- On the Create New or Edit Policy screen, fill in the fields in the order below. If you do not want a field to apply, click the No Limit check box.
- Policy Name: Name of the policy.
- Verified Hold Count Limit: Maximum number of holds that can be placed by a verified patron.
- Unverified Hold Count Limit: Maximum number of holds that can be placed by an unverified patron.
- Click Save.
Copy hold limit policies
- Click the Policy Name you want to copy.
- In the top right corner, click Copy. The copied policy appears.
- Enter a policy name and edit any additional fields.
- Click Save.
Delete hold limit policies
Policies cannot be deleted if they are in use.
- Click the Policy Name you want to delete.
- In the top right corner, click Delete.
- On the Confirm window, click OK.
Hold Limit Policy is used in: