Learn how to change loan status in check out.
Use loan statuses to note patrons’ claims about items.Loan statuses can be changed only at checkout.
- In the left panel Assist Patrons area, scan or type the patron barcode in the Enter barcode box. The Checkout tab of the patron record appears.
- Click in the check box (first column on the left) and click the Change Status button.
- In the Change Item Status window choose the status claimed by the patron:
Loan status Result Status in WorldCat Discovery
Claimed Lost Item status changes to Lost. The patron will be billed for a replacement cost plus any fees set by library in their Long Overdue and Lost Policy in OCLC Service Configuration. Not Available Claimed Never Had Item status changes to Claimed Never Had Not Available Claimed Returned Item status changes to Claimed Returned. Depending on the date the item was claimed returned, overdue fees may apply as set by library in their Loan Policy in Service Configuration. Not Available
For more information on statuses, see Item statuses.
- Enter the date claimed by the patron.
- Click Change. The item is removed from the list of checked out items.