Standard check out
- In the left panel Assist Patrons area, scan or type the patron barcode in the Enter barcode box. If you type the number, click Go or press <Enter>. The Checkout tab of the patron record appears.
- In the Enter barcode box, scan or type the barcode for the item. If you type the number, click Go or press <Enter>. The item appears in the list of checked out items. The system assigns the due date specified in the Loan Policy or the due date specified by the staff member at check out.
- Scan or type the barcodes for any additional items.
- After checking out or renewing the last item, the check box (first column on the left) is automatically checked so you can choose whether to print or email a receipt. To print or email another receipt, check the boxes for the items and click Receipt.
(Optional). You can also print or send an email by putting the cursor in the Enter Barcode box and pressing <Enter>.
You can look up a patron if the patron barcode is unavailable. See Look up patron.
Due dates automatically move
There are two situations in which the system will automatically move a due date. If a due date occurs:
- Within a period that the library is closed, the system moves it to the next date the library is open.
- After the expiration of a patron's library membership, the system moves it prior to the expiration date.
Default receipt option
Once a receipt option is selected, it will be the default receipt option until either:
- Another receipt option is selected
- The browser history is cleared
Note: Preferences are retained per your user account.
- On the right side of the screen, click the User Preferences button ().
- In the Show Columns window, check or uncheck the columns you want to show or hide.
- The columns you checked or unchecked are shown or hidden.
- Select All to configure all the column headings for display.
- Select Select All to add a selection box on the Checkout screen to allow for the selection of individual or all requests.
- Close the Show Columns window by clicking anywhere outside it.
- Available Columns
Column Description All Enables all columns. Select All A check box that allows for the selection of individual or all requests. Format The format of the item. Title The title of the item. Call Number Indicates classification and shelving location. Barcode Barcode of the item. Library The library assigned to the item. Branch/Shelving Location The selected preferred fulfillment locations for a title. Enumeration The volume, issue, part, etc., of the requested serial or multi-part item. Check Out Date The date the item was checked out to the patron. Due Date The date that the item is due to be returned to the library. Loan Policy The loan policy associated with the item. Renewal Count The number of times the item has been renewed. Pending Holds Count The number of hold requests that are pending for the item. If your library participates in a circulation group, this number includes requests from all patrons in your group.
Watch a video
Run time: 4:38
In this video, you’ll learn how to check out materials in WorldShare Circulation, including searching for patrons who have forgotten their library card, and printing or emailing due date receipts.