Discover how to create custom return reasons in WorldShare Acquisitions.
You can create up to 12 custom return reasons to assign when returning all or specific copies of an item. Once assigned, custom return reasons can be viewed by:
- Staff from the Copies tab of the Order Item screen.
- Vendors if the notify vendor option was selected for the return. The return reason will be communicated to the vendor in the language of the vendor, if the notify vendor option is chosen.
Caution: Once a custom return reason has been assigned to a returned item, it cannot be deleted.
Create a custom return
- On the left navigation, click Settings > Institution Settings.
- Click Return Reasons to open the accordion.
- Click Create Reason.
- From the Create Reason dialog:
- Enter a return reason in the Reason text field.
- (Optional) Add one or more translations to the return reason. This will translate the return reason based on the language of the browser.
- Select a language from the drop-down list.
- Enter a description (e.g., German translation) in the text field.
- To add additional translations, click the Add button ().
- Click Create.