Discover how to set up Serials management in OLIB.
The following tasks are required to implement Serials management, though not necessarily in this exact order.
- Check over and create any new Frequencies that are required.
- Check over and create any new Citation Patterns that are required.
- Verify if the default Issue Copy Status is as you require.
- If you have non-English language journals you may want to substitute other language text for the elements of issue titles, e.g. months of the year.
- Catalogue or import? the Serial titles required.
- If you do not use OLIB for subscriptions you should manually create Serial Copy records for each Location that will physically receive issues.
- Create the Circulation lists and any Table of Contents Lists that will be required.
- Issues generation can then be started, so that expected issues can be checked in.