OLSTF export process
Discover an introduction, examples, and the process for exporting records in OLSTF.
OLIB can export the following records from its database:
- Title records - using Titles domain
- Local holdings (Copy) records - using the Copies domain
- Subject records - using Subject Headings domain
- User records - using Users domain
- Order/Order Items and Invoice/Invoice Items
- Reservations - using the Reservations domain
In one of the above domains you search for a set of records to export (or use a folder of records) and then select the output format you wish to use, to export the records.
In addition you can configure other types of output as required.
- Go to the relevant domain, e.g. Titles.
- Search for the records using the appropriate search type in Other Searches, alternatively select a Folder that contains the records for export.
- If all the records are to be exported choose Select All; alternatively check the boxes for only those records that are required.
- From Other Actions choose Export.
- Select OLSTF from the list of Available Export Types, and click OK.
- A message confirms the number of export records, and prompts you to start your export download (or click Close to cancel).
- The Record Export file will then become available in your client Downloads folder, and can be renamed / opened with e.g. Notepad and such.
- Example OLSTF Titles output
TIPU1 Talbot Adair AS Adair AF John AI J ATP PER AR AUTH ARLD Author PU Talbot Adair TD 1987 PD 01-JAN-1987 LO MAIN LOLD System Location CC LOAN CZ AVL CZD Available LS A LSD Available SM LRC CSUMM LRC System Loc Available LO MAIN LOLD System Location CC LOAN CZ AVL CZD Available LS A LSD Available SM LRC CSUMM LRC System Loc Available *
- Example OLSTF Users output
SEC A21 BAR 47329 FN Anthony SN ADAMS CAT STAFF * SEC A21 HOUSE 19 Batham Road ST Castleton CITY Hope Valley PC S33 8QT ATP P *
- Example Systematic Thesaurus output
Fringe benefits <level1_term>Pensions <level2_term>Personal pensions <level3_term>retirement annuities</level3_term> <level3_term>Group personal pensions</level3_term> <level3_term>Self invested personal pensions</level3_term> <level3_term>Stakeholder pensions</level3_term> <level3_term>Personal retirement savings accounts</level3_term> <level3_term>Retirement annuity </term> </top term> </systematic thesaurus>
- Example Thesaurus output
Exports subject headings in this format: Flotation SOURCE : TEST SCOPE : Use more specific term if possible BT Mineral Processing Separation NT Coarse Flotation Daff Pneumatic Flotation RT Beneficiation Backmixing Agitation UF Mineral Flotation Froth Flotation Microbubble Flotation Mineral Flotation US Flotation
Records that fail to export
The export process adds any records that fail to export to a folder with today’s date. If for example, some title records did not all export, go to the Saved Folders list in the Menu and open the folder with today’s date. (You may have to log out and log back in again to see this folder.) The records that failed to export will be listed in the relevant folder:
- Copy Export Issues
- Title Export Issues
- WorldCat Issues