Libraries who wish to send their records to WorldCat for visibility in WorldCat and their own WorldCat Discovery can configure OLIB so that it does an initial upload of their catalogue to WorldCat, and then automatically synchronises any subsequently added new records, updates and deletions with WorldCat.
The initial full upload and the subsequent automated synchronisation of new and updated bibliographic records is done in Daystart. The Daystart process sends the MARC21 bibliographic and holdings data for the new/updated records to OCLC on a daily basis, pushing the records through the WorldCat data sync service.
The OLIB to WorldCat Title Lifecycle outlines the typical lifecycle for a Title in OLIB and its exchange with WorldCat. This provides an overview of the process and should aid in planning and monitoring the synchronisation.
- 1. Create a Data Sync Collection
- Contact OCLC Support to create a Data Sync Collection in OLIB
- 2. Create Title Set for export to WorldCat
- Configure a title set in OLIB for use during the automatic uploads to WorldCat.
- 4. OLIB-WorldCat metadata API link
- Automatically synchronize copy record additions and deletion notifications with WorldCat in OLIB.
- 5. Ongoing management for exporting to WorldCat
- Learn about the ongoing requirements for managing automated export to WorldCat for OLIB.
- 3. Create Output Format record
- Learn to manage how and when records are uploaded to WorldCat in OLIB.
- OPAC Status Codes, Descriptions and Notes
- Find the codes used when uploading OLIB data to WorldCat or a third-party system.