End of support for EZproxy on Solaris platform
OCLC ended support for EZproxy on the Solaris 10 (x86) platform on October 31, 2018. We no longer provide software for this platform. We will continue to provide Linux and Windows versions of the software. Customers using EZproxy on Solaris should plan to move their installation of EZproxy to Linux or Windows. If you have questions about this change, please reach out to Customer Support (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Determine which version of EZproxy is running on your server.
Choose one of the following options:
- If you are running EZproxy for Linux or Solaris, enter a command like the following. Change /usr/local/ezproxy/ to the directory where EZproxy is installed.
- If you are running EZproxy for Windows, enter a command like the following. Change c:\ezproxy\ to the directory where EZproxy is installed.
- Alternatively, if you are running EZproxy for Windows, right-click on the ezproxy.exe file and select Properties. Go to the Version tab. Find the EZproxy version in the description.
- Visit the EZproxy administration page. The version you are running is listed there.