Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) features a new feature called Windows Firewall.
If you are running an EZproxy server on Windows XP SP2, you must perform the following steps to configure Windows Firewall to permit incoming connections to your server.
- Go to Start > Run...
- In the Open field, type: firewall.cpl and then press Enter. The "Windows Firewall" control panel window appears.
- Click on the Exceptions tab.
- Click on Add Program...
- Click on Browse... and then browse to find the ezproxy.exe program (standard location is c:\ezproxy) then click Open.
- ezproxy should now appear in the list of exceptions. If there is no checkmark in the checkbox next to ezproxy, click on the checkbox to add a checkmark.
- Click once on ezproxy to highlight that line and then click Edit...
- The Edit a Program screen will open. Click Change scope..., make sure the radio button next to Any program (including those on the Internet) is highlighted, click OK in the Change Scope window, and click OK in the Edit a Program window.
- Click OK to close the Windows Firewall window.