Technical notes for EZproxy users.
- Add a second IP address to an existing network adapter on Linux
- If you run EZproxy on a Linux system that already has a web server and you want to use EZproxy on port 80, you will need to assign an additional DNS name and IP address to the server.
- Add a second IP address to an existing network adapter on Windows
- If you run EZproxy on a Windows system that already has a web server and you want to use EZproxy on port 80, you will need to assign an additional DNS name and IP address to the server.
- Adobe Contribute and starting point URLs
- When entering starting point URLs into Adobe Contribute, an additional step is required.
- EZproxy for Windows error select returned 10055
- If you are using EZproxy for Windows and encounter the select returned 10055 error, these troubleshooting tips could resolve the issue.
- Importing a PEM-formatted certificate into EZproxy
- The following directions are only needed for EZproxy 5.0 or earlier. EZproxy 5.1 or later provides an option to import an existing PEM-formatted certificate directly. This option can be reached from the EZproxy Administration page and then the Manage SSL (https) Certificates page.
- Microsoft ISA Server configuration details
- When an EZproxy server is installed behind a Microsoft ISA Server, EZproxy requires certain settings within the ISA Web Publishing Rules that define how the EZproxy server is made available to remote users.
- NetZero HiSpeed
- The NetZero HiSpeed service works with proxy by hostname using port 80, but it does not work with proxy by port and may not work with proxy by hostname using ports other than 80. Use this information to restore EZproxy in NetZero HiSpeed.
- Rotating ezproxy.log on Linux
- This article exists for historic reference.
- Rotating ezproxy.log on Windows
- This document exists for historic reference.
- Use socket level logging to generate a Fiddler compliant log file
- Learn how to turn on socket level logging to generate a file that is compatible for Fiddler and other similar tools.
- Vendor IP address verification URLs
- The following URLs are provided by vendors to verify the IP address they "see" from a remote system.
- Windows Firewall in WindowsXP Service Pack 2
- Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) features a new feature called Windows Firewall.