Collection comparisons are made between teo groups: the My Libraries group (A), which consists of one or more holding symbols from your institution, and the Comparator Group (B), which consists of holding symbols from libraries or lists that you choose to compare to.
My Libraries (A)
Your My Library group will be automatically configured when your Choreo Insights account is initially set-up. This group is configured based on your institution's WorldCat holdings symbol(s).
Camparator groups are created by selecting other librarie's monograph collections from a list on the Comparator Group page.
Compare your monograph collection (Group A) to the monograph collections of other libraries (Group B) using one of four different analysis queries.
|All||Show titles held by either Group A OR Group B|
|Overlap||Show Titles held by Group A AND Group B|
|Distinct||Show Titles held only by your library or group (Group A)|
|Gap||Show titles held only by your comparator libraries (Group B)|
Within the analysis type you can segment your collection using attributes to focus on specific parts of your collection.
Note: based on WorldCat data
- LC classes, subclasses, ranges
- Dewey classes, subclasses, ranges
FAST Subject Headings
Use FAST subject headings to look at specific topics. To use FAST subject headings:
- Choose to limit the search by selecting from the following Facets:
- Personal Name
- Corporate Name
- Uniform Title
- Topical (default)
- Form / Genre
- Search for the appropriate headings using the search box
- Phrase Search - provides a broader search across FAST facets
- Heading Selector - provides the ability to be more granular in appliying FAST headings to the search
- Select those you wish to add to your search
If necessary adjust the "rows per page" to show longer lists of matching terms.
FAST (Faceted Application of Subject Terminology) is derived from the Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH), and is one of the library domains most widely used subject terminology schemas. The development of FAST has been a collaboration of OCLC Research and the Library of Congress. Work on FAST began in late 1998.
Visit, FAST Subject Headings for more information.
Allows you to search by holding levels in the group of libraries you have included in your search (My Library + Comparators).
- Same Edition (OCNs): group count measures the number of libraries holding the same edition, as defined by a specific OCLC number.
- Any Edition (WorkIDs): group count consists of the number libraries holding the same work as defined by the OCLC Work ID.
Filters your query by WorldCat holdings count, which will let you identify scarcely or widely held titles.
- Same Edition (OCNs): WorldCat holdings count measures the number of libraries in WorldCat holding the same edition, as defined by a specific OCLC number.
- Any Edition (WorkIDs): WorldCat holdings count consists of the number libraries in WorldCat holding the same work as defined by the OCLC Work ID.
Filter by format type
- All Formats Note: default format is All Formats.
- Specific Formats:
- Book, Large Print
- Book, Manuscript
- Book, Microform
- Book, Print
- Book, Thesis/dissertation
- Book, eBook
- Continually Updated Resource
Place of Publication
Circualtion usage data is included for WMS libraries only.
Language of titles
2 and 6 digit CIP (Classification of Instructional Programs) codes which are mapped to LC Class ranges. Use this option to look at titles which support specific curriculum offerings at your institution.