You will notice if you do not have any specific Process set against your e-books they will say ‘Available’ under status on the OpenOPAC and as this is really an unknown until the e-book provider site has been accessed.
It would be wise to give your e-books a process of ‘Check Availability’ – for example so it’s not automatically assumed a title is available for download.
- Go to Main > StockItems > Stockitem > Application > StockProcess > F1New > create one called Check Availability > F3Save
NOTE: : If you have made changes to Locations, Form codes, Statuses, Process etc, adding new codes, then you need to go to run this Upload Masterdata process on the central frontend
- If it’s a new StockProcess Select > Upload Masterdata then
- Select SAVE on this screen and then Exit
- Log into OpenOPAC and refresh the browser and these changes should now take affect
- Create a Stockitem File of all your e-books by either doing a Stockitem Search by Form or a StockitemWhereSearch
Then do a MassItemChange on this file to give them the new Process of Check Availability
[see Mass Item Change Guide on the OCLC site for further instructions]