- WorldCat Discovery
Turn on the request button in the Place/Hold Request Buttons Module in the section For items owned by WorldCat Libraries for articles.
- Login to Service Configuration.
- Click on WorldCat Discovery and WorldCat Local > Place/Hold Request Buttons.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen.
- Expand the section For items owned by WorldCat Libraries.
- Notice the item types that are not selected to display the request button in WorldCat Discovery.
- Select item type of your item from the search result.
Often there is confusion about the item type "Mass digitized electronic content". An item can appear to be an article, but still fall under the "Mass digitized electronic content" type. If you are not sure if this is the case, contact OCLC Support. The support team will need the link to the search result page, and your institution's OCLC symbol.