- WorldCat Discovery
Turn on the request button in the Place/Hold Request Buttons Module in the section For items owned by WorldCat Libraries for articles.
- Login to Service Configuration.
- Click on WorldCat Discovery and WorldCat Local > Place/Hold Request Buttons.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen.
- Expand the section For items owned by WorldCat Libraries.
- Notice the item types that are not selected to display the request button in WorldCat Discovery.
- Select item type of your item from the search result.
You will also need to ensure that the Level 4 button is selected in the Article OPAC Status Grid.
- Service Configuration>WorldCat Discovery and WorldCat Local>OPAC Statuses, Locations and Circulation Policies>
Item Availability from OPAC
- Navigate to the Article tab of the grid.
- Ensure that Fulfillment for (Level 4) is selected on the No Status, No Location line
An item can sometimes appear to be an article but fall under the "Mass digitized electronic content" type. If you are not sure if this is the case, contact OCLC Support. The support team will need the link to the record and your institution's OCLC symbol.