Note: This beta functionality is only available to U.S. and Canadian users using the English WorldCat.org interface.
You can request print and ebook title recommendations related to an item on the Item Details screen if you are signed in to WorldCat.org. If you don't currently have a WorldCat.org account, creating one is quick and easy.
Microsoft Azure's implementation of OpenAI provides item recommendations, and recommendations are only made for print and ebook titles published before 2021.
- Current state - Item recommendations are provided by a third-party AI service, which only provides recommendations based on author and title data.
- Future state - Item recommendations are provided by a third-party AI service, and OCLC will only share author and title data with this service.
If no recommendations are returned after clicking Yes, show me, it may be due to the search containing prohibited content (e.g., profanity, explicit content, etc.). For more information, visit Data, privacy, and security for Azure OpenAI Service.
Explore similar titles
- Click Yes, show me in the Explore similar titles section. After the search completes, the section becomes the Recommendations for you section and displays up to four item recommendations.
- (Optional) Click Let us know how we did to open a two-question survey in a new tab. This survey allows you to provide feedback that will help OCLC improve this feature. If you answer the survey, click Done to submit it to OCLC.
- Click any of the recommendations to access the Item Details screen for that item.
- (Optional) Click Yes, show me from the recommended item's Item Details screen to view recommendations for that tile.