You can share an item on WorldCat.org using any of the following methods:
Share an item on Facebook
- From the Item Details screen, click Share button () > Share on Facebook. A Facebook log in dialog opens.
- Enter your Facebook Email or Phone and Password.
- Click Log In. A pre-populated post opens with a link to the item.
- Click Post to share.
Share an item on Twitter
- From the Item Details screen, click Share button () > Share on Twitter. A Twitter log in dialog opens.
- Enter your Twitter Phone, email, or username and Password.
- Click Log in. A pre-populated tweet opens with a link to the item.
- Click Tweet to share.
Share an item via Email
- From the Item Details screen, click Share button () > Share via Email. The default email client or app on your device opens with a pre-populated email containing a link to the item.
- Enter one or email addresses in the To field.
- (Optional) Edit these fields:
- Your name
- Email message
- Click Send. An email message with a link to the record will be sent to the selected recipient(s).
Share an item via permalink
A Permalink or permanent link is a simplified URL for a webpage that is designed to be short and easily interpreted. Permalinks are ideal for use in emails, blog posts, and other web-based communications where lengthy URLs might cause a problem. The permalink for a WorldCat record utilizes the OCLC number, an identifier created when the item is first cataloged in WorldCat by one of our member libraries.
To share an item via permalink:
- From the Item Details screen, click Share button () > Copy link. A Copied confirmation dialog appears in the lower-left corner of your browser. The permalink is now available for you to paste to another location.