Use this screen to set up institutions that are subordinate to or serve as extensions of your institution. Current Branch and Affiliate associations are listed on the screen. To access this screen, sign in Service Configuration, open the WorldCat Registry left navigation and select Branches and Affiliates. To be associated, a branch must have its own registry profile. To request a new profile for a branch, contact OCLC Support with the preferred Display Name for the branch(es) and confirm the Shelving Scheme used.
The OCLC WorldCat registry uses material from the Wikipedia article List of country names in various languages and List of names of European cities in different languages, which are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0 (CC BY-SA 3.0).
To add a branch or affiliate:
- In OCLC Service Configuration, go to WorldCat Registry > Branches and Affiliates.
- Click the plus symbol (+) to expand the Add New Branches/Affiliates accordion.
- Enter search terms in the Search box. Select a search facet from Names Only, Address Only and Enter Record.
- Click Search. Search results display on the screen.
Note: The Search function will find exact matches first, then close matches.
- To see more information about an institution, click the institution name to go to the Profile Summary for that institution.
- Click Add As Branch or Add as Affiliate in the Action column to add an institution to your Branches and Affiliates screen. The branch or affiliate is added.
To delete a branch or affiliate:
- Click Remove Branch or Remove Affiliate under Branches or Members or Affiliations. The branch or affiliate is removed.
Once a new branch or affiliate is added, you can update your Holdings Codes in the Holdings Codes Translation Table.