What is the WorldCat registry?
The WorldCat registry is a Web-based directory for libraries and library consortia. It is an authoritative single source for information that defines institutional identity, services, relationships, contacts and other key data. With it, you can get greater visibility on the Web for your collection and services by syndicating your data over a variety of Web services including WorldCat.org.
Get greater Web visibility for your content and services
When you maintain a registry profile, your institution's online services also get greater visibility in places they normally wouldn't. Through a variety of open-source Web services, your registry data is syndicated across many popular Web sites and mobile applications where information seekers start to search, such as WorldCat.org. With links such as your online catalog's base URL or your OpenURL resolver distributed in this manner, more people from a broad-based Web audience discover and use your content.
To search and display public WorldCat registry information, please see the WorldCat registry.
Sign in to Service Configuration
Sign in to Service Configuration to configure the WorldCat Registry for your institution(s).
OCLC Service Configuration roles for more information.Note: You must have a WorldShare Circulation or a WorldShare ILL role to sign into the Service Configuration with your WorldShare user name and password. Please see
- Go to the Service Configuration Sign In screen at https://worldcat.org/config/.
- Click Use Your OCLC Services Account if you want to Sign in with your OCLC Services Account (WorldShare users).
- If it is your first time signing in using this method, you will be prompted to search for your institution. Enter your institution's OCLC symbol, name, or zip code.
- Click Continue or press <Enter>.
- Enter your User Name and Password.
- Click Sign In or press <Enter>.