- e-Serial or e-Periodical requests are not filled when requested
- WorldShare ILL
There are several reasons why this could happen :
- Is the library you requested it from set up as a lender? You can confirm this in the Holdings list. Non-Lenders appear as "--" in the Supplier column.
- Are the libraries in your lending string set up to deflect that format? Click on the light blue "i" icon to check their Policies Directory settings. Many libraries automatically deflect eserial requests because they have not arranged for permission to do so in their contract with the vendor.
- Do they hold that volume? Click the lender's name in the Holdings list to go to the library's catalog to confirm that the library holds that volume.
If none of those apply, try the following:
- If there is a non ePeriodical/eSerial version of that journal, try switching your request to use the print version of the journal and use Article Exchange to get an electronic copy.
- Is there a lender in the list that you know well enough that you can call and arrange an exception?
If problems persist, contact OCLC Support with your symbol and the Request ID.