- You are switching from your current Authentication to RemoteAuth Authentication and you want to know what you should be prepared to do
Short introduction or instructions to follow these steps:
- On the ILLiad Hosted sites, we require that you use EZproxy as a third party between ILLiad and your authentication mechanism. You need to follow the instructions for the Integrate ILLiad with your local authentication system via EZproxy documentation.
- Here is some additional information about the different authentication methods with the EZproxy Authentication Methods documentation.
- Consider your RemoteAuthWebLogoutURL. If you are using EZproxy, you should be signing out of your EZproxy site. So if the sign in address is https://my.signing.edu/login?, then the key value you should have in the RemoteAuthWebLogoutURL is https://my.signing.edu/logout. So when you sign out of ILLiad, you are also signing out of EZproxy. That way, you can sign back into EZproxy immediately if you need to.
- If your usernames are going to change, then you can either have the patrons sign in and register. Then you will merge the patrons. Or we can help you with the changeover with the Usernames. If you are hosted, please contact OCLC Support for more information.
- If you are self-hosted and need help with the changeover of the Usernames, please contact OCLC Support.