- You need to test a new OpenURL and then after testing, you are going to go back to the old OpenURL link
- ILLiad, OCLC Service Configuration
Here are the steps you need to take to test the new OpenURL link.
- Go to the OCLC Service Configuration and sign in.
- Go to the OpenURL Resolvers and Manage Resolvers.
- Add the new OpenURL you want to use and save the change. Make sure you keep note of the ID.
- Next, Go to the IP addresses, Manage IP addresses. You will need to Add the OpenURLResolverID to the Different IP address ranges you want to test. Save the changes.
- You will then go to the WorldCat Discovery and WorldCat Local and then to the Place Hold/Request Buttons.
- You need to Update the OpenURL Links from the old URL to the new URL. Save the change.
- After 20 minutes you can test your OpenURL link in WorldCat Discovery.
- After Testing, go back to the Place Hold/Request Buttons and change the URL back to the old OpenURL. Save the change.
- 20 minutes later, your links should be working properly with the original OpenURL link.