Odyssey requests that are still held in pending even after restarting the ILLiad server services
- Odyssey requests that get stuck in the Pending queue from the Collection Manager due to bad characters or a NULL in a field in the OCLC request
- ILLiad Hosted and Self-Hosted
You will need to look at the incoming requests and look for special Characters. You may need to change them to Romanized characters so they will be able to be pulled in. Here are the steps you need to take:
1. Go to the main ILLiad window and choose System > Search/Review statuses
2. In the list of statuses, go to Pending and Open up that queue
3. Open up the first one in the list of their pending and look for special characters in the Title, Author, Article, or Loan fields.
4. If they see a special character, then change it to something that looks more like an English letter.
5. Save the change. Go through the full list of pending.
6. After that, restart their ILLiad Connection Manager service.