My patron is getting an error message about PDF not found
- Your patron is trying to open up an Electronic Article, and seeing the error message, "PDF not Found"
Here are some steps to troubleshoot the issue:
- Make sure that the Transaction Status of the request is at "Delivered to Web."
- Make sure the file is located in the PDF folder on the Web Server. The location comes from the Customization Manager in the WebPDFPath key.
- If you are on a Shared server, then in the Customization Manager If the RemotePDFStorage key is at Yes, then the files will not be in the directory under the site such as Under the ILLiad/PDF Directory.
- If the RemotePDFStorage key is at No, then the PDF files will be in the Directory for that site such as under the ILLiad/ABC/PDF folder.
- You can also test to see if the file is available by going to the file directly. You can do this by following these steps:
- If your server address was https://oclc.illiad.oclc.org and you are a single server, then you put in the address following this pattern:
- https://oclc.illiad.oclc.org/illiad/pdf/(Transaction Number).pdf
- If the Transaction Number is 123, then the URL you would use is https://oclc.illiad.oclc.org/illiad/pdf/123.pdf
- If you are on a shared server, then you have to get the PDF folder for your site from the Customization Manager WebPDFPath key.
- As an example, if the WebPDFPath was C:\inetpub\wwwroot\illiad\oclc\pdf, then the URL you use is https://oclc.illiad.oclc.org/illiad/oclc/pdf/123.pdf.