- You are seeing an error message that shows something like this "SMTP protocol error. 554 5.7.1 <firstname.lastname@example.org>: Relay access denied."
With Email Security becoming much better, we find that you have to follow these steps and choices to fix the issue:
- If you are hosting your email server, then you need the IP address of the ILLiad Web Server to be allowed for Relay in your Email system.
- If we host the email server, you need to add the mailhost.illiad.oclc.org or the current IP address to be allowed for Relay in your Email system.
- Also, you might need to change any key in the Customization Manager that has EmailFromAddress as part of the key to be email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- You Email Administrator will need to set up the restrictions to allow the relay.
- After you make any changes in the Customization Manager, you will need to have the ILLiad System Manager service restarted.
- If you continue to have questions, please contact OCLC Support.