I am updating my Registration page and removing some Departments from the list, will this cause a problem with the users that have those departments in their user record?
- You are updating your registration departments and want to know if this will cause problems with your users who have those departments
No, the Users who already have departments will not be having issues because of the change. You might consider doing the following.
- Have your SQL Administrator update any patron who has the old department to a new department that you will be using.
- If you are hosted by OCLC, you contact OCLC Support to help you update the User records.
- Or, you can send out a message to have the patrons update their records by signing in and going to the Change User Information form.
- They will need to update their Department for their User record.
By updating the Departments, you will be consistent for all your User records.