- You want to know how ILLiad Exclusive works and how the password is used in the UserValidation? After you upgrade to 9.0, what happens about the login process?
When you are using ILLiad Exclusive, the only time the patron uses the password that is in the UserValidation table is the original logon until the patron registers. Here is more information about what happens to the accounts.
- The account is set up under the AuthType of "Default," so ILLiad Authentication is not checked.
- User record has a value in the PasswordChangedDate, If this is not filled in, the patron will be asked to change their password.
- So the patron will be asked to change the login password when logging on the first time.
- After the patron logs on the first time and registers, the patron can change their password again and the UserValidation table is no longer used in the authentication process.