- You need to add the fields in your PubMed link so that after the patron signs in, the form is populated with all the fields filled in
Here are the steps you need to take to set up your link from PubMed to ILLiad
- The beginning of the URL will go to your server and to the OpenURL Link. An example is https://my.server.edu/ILLiad/ILLiad.dll?action=10&form=30&
- Next. if it is going to be an article, you need to add the field genre=Article&
- The field for the PMID will be coming from the ESPNumber field in ILLiad. In the OpenURLMapping table, you should have in the ESPNumber record <#id>|<#rfr_id> in it, so you can point to the ID field in your link.
- The ID field will be id=(some number)&
- You will need to add the other fields that are on your form in your link, such as Article Title which is atitle=
An example URL from the Information above is
https://my.server.edu/ILLiad/ILLiad.dll?action=10&form=30&genre=Article&id=123456&atitle=This is my title
You then add the other fields in the same manner.