Converting old ILLiad print templates from .doc to .docx
- Print templates sometimes will not open when you print after upgrading to a newer version of Word
Newer versions of Word files are all .docx files, and saving your old ILLiad templates in the newer Word format fixes issues with user file opening. Please follow these steps:
- Open up the Word Document template.
- If it asks if you "want data from your database" to be placed in the document, select No.
- Save the Word document as a "Word Document" with a .docx extension.
- Any templates that have Customization Keys need to be updated in the Customization Manager from .doc to .docx. See Atlas' page for Default Print Templates and look for the Customization Keys.
- You will want close and reopen the ILLiad Client. If this does not resolve your issue, contact OCLC Support.
ILLiad templates were created with Word 98 and have not been updated. Saving them in the new .docx format updates the templates and allows them to work with newer versions of Word.