- WorldShare Record Manager
You can attach a PDF document, to a Local Holding Record (LHR) by using the 856 tag. It could be a useful way of attaching teacher's notes to resources.
- Edit the LHR and create a new field by selecting the + button.
- Enter 856 in the field.
- In the first indicator enter the value of 4.
- In the second indicator enter the value of 0.
- Insert the path of the PDF into the field string as a $u subfield. For example $u http://documentdetails.pdf.
- Click Save.
- An access online link will now appear on the item record in Discovery and the PDF file will be available to
- If you want to restrict access to the file, in the subfield enter a link to a secure location on your
network, perhaps within the intranet (set up by your IT Department)
- You can create a public note about the PDF to appear in the holding summary in Discovery. In the local
holding record create another row and in the field enter 876, in the subfield enter $z and details of the note then save
- If you will be adding many items with electronic subsets to your collection you might like to
investigate access to CONTENTdm or creating a knowledge base collection
You may find more information below about: