Discover how to set preferences for general, international, and TCP/IP authority record export. Export preferences must be set before exporting records.
This accordion allows you to set preferences for authority record export. Export preferences must be set before exporting records.
- In the left navigation, click User Preferences.
- From the User Preferences screen, click Exporting - Authority Records.
After setting preferences in General, International, or TCP/IP:
- Click Reset Form to restore original default settings.
- Click Discard Page Changes to discard the changes you made and retain your previous settings. A confirmation dialog displays to confirm the discardment. Click Discard to confirm and discard your changes.
Set preferences for general export
- Exporting - Authority Records accordion: General tab - Image
- For Format, select a format for your export records from the drop-down list.
- MARC 21 with MARC-8
- MARC 21 with UTF-8 Unicode
- MARCXML with UTF-8 Unicode
- For Exclude Data, enter the tag, indicators, and subfields you want to exclude from your export records. Add additional tags by clicking the Add () button.
- Click Save.
Set preferences for international export
- Exporting - Authority Records accordion: International tab - Image
- Click the International tab.
- For Diacritic Character Usage, select whether you want Decomposed or Precomposed.
- Decomposed -
- Precomposed -
- Click Save.
Set preferences for TCP/IP export
Note: Institutions with a firewall must configure it to recognize and accept data from the following IP address ranges in order to export records directly from OCLC into an ILS:
- Connexion: 132.174.2.*
- Record Manager: 132.174.100.*
- Exporting - Authority Records accordion: TCP/IP tab - Image
- Click the TCP/IP tab.
- For TCP/IP connection options, enter:
- Host Name - Enter the TCP/IP name (e.g., lib.domain.edu) or the numeric TCP/IP address of the host computer that runs your local system.
- Port Number - Enter the number of the port at your site that provides direct access to your local library system.
- Authentication - Select an authentication method from the drop-down list.
- Login ID - Enter the ID and password to access your local system. Select Mark Password if you do not want the password to be visible.
- User ID - Enter the ID to access your local system. Select Mask ID if you do not want the ID to be visible.
- For Connection Delay, select the wait time, in seconds, that occurs between each record sent in a batch from the drop-down list. The default wait time is 0.25 seconds.
- For Connection Attempts, select the maximum number of attempts to retry connecting to the local system if the first connection attempt fails from the drop-down list. The default maximum number is 0.
- For Gateway Export Response Messaging, click Use Messaging to enable messaging.
- If enabled, select the amount of time, in seconds, that messaging is displayed from the drop-down list. The default amount of time until timeout is 5 seconds.
- Click Save.