Set the classification scheme in the User Preferences dialog to supply the blank call number field for MARC 21 bibliographic records and workforms. The new classification scheme is applied to the next record that you create or edit.
- From the MARC 21 editor, click the User Preferences button ().
- Select the General tab.
- Select a classification scheme from the Classification Scheme drop-down list. See available classification schemes below.
- Click Save.
Available classification schemes
- Library of Congress
- Dewey Decimal
- National Library of Medicine
- Canadian National Library
- Government Document
- National Agricultural Library
- Universal Decimal